View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 01:59 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
ChikkaB

Originally Posted by jamdls View Post
That's exactly how I feel at times Fandy, thanks for expressing it that way. I miss the "mood", I want to figure out a way to create that mood w/o the alcohol, anyone have any suggestions?
Here's a technique that has worked for me and some of my now sober friends to get us over the "how can I have the mood without the booze?" shakes:

Put on luxurious chill music. Change out of your pajamas into something elegant, or at the very least not frumpy

Fix yourself a fancy ice-cold goblet of spring water with a few drops of Alcohol Free Bitters and three BIG juicy olives (if you are a wine drinker, get some concord or white grape juice).

Visualize or imagine how wonderful it will feel when you do this at the next party or gathering; see yourself being gracious and charming and sociable and sophisticated and elegant, all smooth and easy, holding your refreshing, healthy and very attractive-looking drink. Feel the music, taste the olives, hear in your mind's ear the easy laughter and charming chatter. See yourself driving safely home after this gathering, happy and light after a wonderful evening with friends.

Think about three small things you can do this week that will get you closer to your goals.