Thread: My Update...
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 06:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
getr345
Karma Amputee

Post My Update...

Hello SR!

Hope all are doing well and continuing to strive for sobriety and recovery. I know it's not easy and I have nothing but respect for those who undertake the journey and make genuine efforts to change their lives. As Dr. Drew Pinsky has astutely stated, "addiction is the disease of our time" and I know we here have all been touched by it.

I'm coming up on two and a half years since I quit drinking. What an amazing journey it's been and continues to be. I have returned to fitness and I have discovered spirituality. So many things have improved in my life. I changed in ways I could have never imagined when I started. My best friend continues to follow me into sobriety and he too is approaching two and a half years sober. Some of you may remember but a couple months ago I was diagnosed with HCV (HepC) and that was (is) very scary for me. Well, last month I had a biopsy and yesterday I got the news from my doctor and it literally could not have been any better.

According to my doctor and despite the likelihood that I have been infected for anywhere between 12 and 15 years; I have no cirrhosis, no fibrosis, no scarring, only mild inflammation, and no liver damage whatsoever! Also, the doctor told me I could safely put off treatment for a few years and may never need treatment at all if my disease continues this course. Hard to put into words how blessed and fortunate I feel right now. The best way I can put it is to say that it feels like I have just received a gift, and maybe I have.

Anyway, just wanted to share that news.

Again, I hope all are well. Sorry I don't post as much as I did in the past.

SR and it's members will always hold a special place in my heart and I could not have done it without the help, guidance, support and information I found here.