View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 10:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Alone22

After reading SR feeling scared...

First let me say this is a wonderful site and even though I am a newbie here I can tell already that this is an amazing group.

Reading the posts this morning is making so scared, so unsure of what is around the corner for me. What some are going through with cheating spouses, wiped out bank accounts, violence etc makes me wonder where my AH illness will take him (or better yet where it has taken him and I just have no clue about it). My AH is very high functioning, there has never been physical abuse, just lots of arguments, a distant dysfunctional marriage, and some health issues due to his drinking (and of course me feeling like my life is out of control). He will admit and has admitted now for over 8 years that he is an A. He has been to AA, worked a bunch of the steps, in and out of counseling but it appears any length of sobriety or recovery is minimal. I get that this illness is progressive if not controlled, but what is the possibility I will one day have to face REALLY horrible things? Gosh I have been thinking if I can get me healthy and learn to accept and know how to deal with this type of marriage, I might be okay. I know we all don't have the ability to see my future, but with the amount of experience on this board I bet some of you can tell me what the normal process is for someone like my AH.

I am still walking around with my eyes half closed?