Old 03-08-2011, 06:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Seren
Forum Leader

Hi Pearl!!!! I'm so sorry you are feeling down and that you have had to live through so much lately.

If I am remembering correctly, you have been living with your ABF for a few years now and the extent of his drinking came to your attention about 2 years ago? His drinking has caused him to wreck his vehicle and to affect his health? Alcoholism is a progressive disease, and your staying with him would in no way affect whether or not he decides to seek help.

We are not the only source of help and support for our addicted loved ones, and we definitely are not the best resource.

No one here can tell you whether or not you should leave your ABF. But you DO get to be happy!! Have you been happy with your front-row seat to his active addiction? Has it been peaceful for you to be running to the hospital every time his drinking lands him in another pickle. Your ABF does have the illness that is addiction, but seeking help for and taking care of that illness is his responsibility, just as taking care of my diabetes is my responsibility.

I hope sooo much that you can find some peace and joy in your life. You deserve it!!!!

Hugs and prayers, HG