View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 04:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
laurie6781
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

I cant cut her out of my life, as she is a danger to herself. She is also depressed and i dont know what she is capable of doing. Because she lives on her own and she is lonely
Many times, far too many times, the child becomes the parent these days. However, there is something I found out, we don't have to 'accept' the role.

Most states, no I believe all the states have section of the state government called "Adult Protection Services" or something along those lines. It is filled with social workers and such that do 'wellness checks' on adults with problems (including alcoholism) that are living alone and then the Social Worker becomes their 'case worker' and their 'contact' and gets them 'what help they can' be it someone that comes in daily for a few hours, counseling, etc.

You do not have to take on the role. Please find yourself a counselor that specializes in addiction as they will be able to help you with your co dependent and anger issues.

Please keep posting her and let us know how you are doing as we do care very much.

Love and hugs,