View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 08:20 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Lilly1

Excellent suggestions Keepinon, thank you!!! Ah, the other kids, I hear you loud and clear. That's such a hard thing. Did anybody see Sophie's Choice? That's about what I feel like.

Going off what the nurse said yesterday, she thought he'd just be ordered to outpatient. He's had no withdrawl, he's been a model patient...all these things are going to count to the judge. He's got to have more emergent dialysis today...renal labs are high again so my visits has been pushed off til later. I will go early and discuss this with his nurse and see if I can get suggestions from her on how to request this or at least let my voice be heard somehow. I agree 100%, I think inpatient treatment is his best option. He's only removed from the alcohol by force right now....I'm not in agreement that he's by any stretch "over it". When (if??), his health returns and he gets the chance for ANOTHER do-over....this whole experience will become a meer memory and he could easily pick back up on the drinking and think he can control it.