View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 08:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
pattenat
Strive to be alive!

Originally Posted by littlepetunia View Post
I am not sure AA is right for me, and I am not sure that I could even stick with it at this point. I think maybe at this point I will try a thirty day and go from there??
First and foremost welcome littlepetunia you've landed yourself in a good place here on SR!

As a small business owner myself, 2 active teenagers, household to run, etc. I totally understand trying to make time for something like AA in my life! But I do, and grateful I did! I'm telling you what a change it has made in my life! I go to 2 meetings a week at present. One Friday night meeting my home group all women and one Saturday night meeting tables about the steps and SR is my crutch in between.

I wouldn't give my meetings up for ANYTHING! Like you I didn't lose material things, my family or get into trouble with the law. However, I did lose EVERYTHING. I lost MYSELF.

AA will help you to put your life into perspective as well as order. You get down to the bottom of what's causing you to want to drink all the time instead of getting down to the bottom of the bottle. Think about it...if you have time to get trashed one night a week, you have time for one meeting a week. Just sayin....

Now, depending on the type of person you are. AA may NOT be your avenue. I DO urge you to attend at least one meeting and make it an all women's meeting. This is an excellent place to start. Just to see what it's all about. If you deicide to stick with it, you need to be honest with yourself and you need to take the Steps seriously and take "action" in order for it to be of any use. If you don't you may not be drinking anymore, but that's all it will feel like is just not drinking any more. AA is an ACTION program that needs your participation.

With that said (whew!) we're ALL glad you're here please come back!