View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 04:27 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Lilly1

I know I'm only doing good right NOW, because so much is out of my control! I am far from reaching solid ground....but admitting to the problem is the first step, right? I KNOW in my mind that I have to stand my ground on this. My heart is screaming otherwise, but that's ok. I realized today that no matter what he did to get here today, he did, in the end, realize he didn't want to die. In the end, he sought help and accepted medical treatment.

His nurse today was old-school and put up with no sh*t, so God love her, she made my AS do for himself today, including dragging that bad leg off the bed himself. He had dialysis again this morning and she thinks he'll need it a few more times yet. He's still not making enough urine and his kidney labs still show failure. She said that she thought his kidneys would recover from this, but it'll take time. She said they'll probably do his Chapter hearing over the phone on Monday because he likely won't be medically stable yet for discharge. She thought, based on her experience, that he'll probably be ordered to outpatient treatment. He's been a model patient, which I expected, LOL, I raise polite kids regardless of their choices

I'm not sure how he'll do at home....there are 3 flights of steps to get into his bedroom so we'll see how that goes. I told him to let the staff know of that and he kind of gave me a blank look, I'm sure questioning why he's not coming here. I'm not offering but I can't tell you guys without a doubt I won't cave. Sorry

The next Al Anon meeting is Thursday so my hubby and I are going. I don't know if it will be prior to his discharge or not. EEK