View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 09:21 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Lilly1

Originally Posted by blwninthewind View Post
I'm really sorry your going through this.
I'm going to come off sounding very insensitive at this point but think it needs to be said.
Why are you tormenting yourself with his situation? I know your a nurse...that makes it harder..the compassion part. We are taught that you don't judge as a nurse...what people do that bring us in their lives doesn't matter, giving compassionate care unconditionally is engrained in us. BUT this is a different situation. this is your A.
You have to detach. You have to pray for him, prepare your kids for what could happen but you don't have to run around and try to make this better.
He did this. Unfortunately as a nurse..it's harder to do what you need to do for you, rather than what your instinct is for him.
Your going to get sucked back in. You have to let this be. Pray for fortitude and strength.
I will be praying for you.
You are NOT coming off as insensitive! I need to hear this, trust me. My emotions about this, I can't stop, not right now I'm not involving myself in any of his issues with work or discharge or anything. Unfortunately, that's the only detachment I'm successful at right now....and he's asking....did I call his work?...do I know where his car is?......I'm backing off that by telling him that his work friends and roommate know this information, but that's all I'm privy to. He hasn't pushed the issue but I know he's going to start up again with the "abandonment" issue between us when he feels better. I know as a nurse how close I came to really losing him forever and the mom part of me now has to reach the part of detachment knowing how serious he was with ending his life. I hope that makes sense!

Fortunately for the both of us, his discharge and future is out of my hands. I don't see him being released any time soon. He's still on that Chapter until a judge sees him....if the judge releases him, so be it, he still has his apartment, but then he still has upcoming jail time for the 2nd DUI. It will be a long time before he's going to be left to his own devices again and my only hope is that by then, he will have identified this as his bottom and he will work to get better. If not.....I don't know.