View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 01:16 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
sojourner

Jbyers: It's a hook. Your daughter's addiction is hooking you in, and you're about to cave. So much of an addict's behavior is about manipulations. If you had made a boundary with your addicted daughter that she had to call you every day then you would not hear a peep from her because Kingbaby (your daughter's addiction) is determined to be in charge. If your daughter's Addiction can't get you to respond to her in the usual way, then the Addiction will find another way. And in this case it is by texting about some "good" behavior.

I obviously am a mom who is tired of Addiction, and I'm coming from a place of weariness. But trust me, it is a hook. There's some other mom on here that just went through that with some kind of birthday e-card from her AD that she ignored for a month because she was afraid if she opened it then her AD would call and hook her in. But after a month she decided to open that e-mail and, sure enough, her AD was calling right away trying to hook that mother into doing something she did not really want to do.

It's a hook. Don't fall for it.

Hope that helps. If not, just forget it.