Old 03-02-2011, 04:21 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  
Really4Real
ANewBeginning

Yeah, TDC - that's the scary thing, isn't it? The whole picking up where we left off!! I was so bad this last bout that I started having the shakes in the morning and was very concerned if I could even quit on my own (ie. without going somewhere to dry out).

But I fully believe that for me, my faith in God and my friends 'faith' in me... pulled me through. Albeit most of my friends were here in SR - this forum and the other that Swan hasn't visited yet pulled me through. I agree, TDC, there is a lot of untapped potential in the mind - that if we draw upon it, helps turn our lives around also. I'm just very careful about what I open my mind to -- had people really twist things in my head - messed around alot in there - while growing up. Still 'recovering' from some of that. But at least, I'm dealing with it - sober. Amazes me... in the past I would've held out a little while, but I would've given in by now.

I thank you all here for the fact that I haven't...

I've been up and down since 2:30 - nauseated, sickly. So, no work for me today. Think I'm going to lay down for a bit.

Have a wonderful day all!