View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 01:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SoloMio

How can Day 2 feel this good?

I left AH to spend 6 weeks away (minimum--we'll "check in" at Week 6), as some of you may know from previous posts.

Man, I'm almost feeling guilty at how lovely this is. I'm in a place that I "escaped" to once before, but never really committed to full-time. This time, I definitely am hunkered down for the 6 weeks. I LOVE this town I'm in. Today I walked to my bank, and I walked to the beach and I walked to get a hand-made card for my landlady whose birthday is tomorrow, and a "spiritual life coach" yoga instructor is at the end of my block with classes every day, and I could literally walk to the AlAnon meeting I'm going to tonight, and the house is so cute and homey, and I'm eating nice healthy home-made meals, and I'm getting my work done looking out the window at people walking their dogs in the park across the street and my kids are on board with me and want to come and visit and AH "just wants to get me home" and so asked me about oupatient programs (which is not #1 on my list for why I feel good, but at least I don't feel as panicky as I did yesterday when my son went home to find his car in the driveway but no response from a dark house at 7pm when he was banging on the door).

Whew. Thanks to all who have given me strength and inspiration with their experience and hope. I KNOW I did the right thing. I know it all won't be peaches and cream going forward but I feel some peace in my heart today.