View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 01:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LeadHatter

a question about relapsing

Next door neighbor came round today, hes alcoholic drinking, told me some personal stuff from his past.

Im sober 8 weeks tomorrow.

Ended up giving him £2 for electricity, lending him a tv and also a shirt and tracksuit bottoms.

Very odd though how i can be helping someone else so earliy in my own personal recovery [16 years alcoholic]? How yet to socialize sober im not sure [the old come round for a drink[ classics still sweep in my mind.

Funny thing is hes talking about this girl and that girl. Ive never had a proper girl to speak of. Strangely i felt inadequate. And I was the sober one. Plus hes from a city where as im from some not great place [a tiny town].

My house is very small, i get claustraphobic when i have a guest over. This is something to accept and learn from [

Finally this person has told me that they were sober 10months before and then begun drinking. This has never happened to me so I find it difficult to relate.

Can anyone explain how this feels and how to relate to such individuals. Im just sober 8weeks[tomorrow] and really want to understand what its like to get sober then go back as i tend to think its weak-thats pretty unkind i no so maybe someone can shed light on the psychology of someone thats happened to and how i can further assist the person if i decide to do so

kevin