View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 05:37 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
StayTrue

I'm on day 24 today.

The positives are that my skin is so much better, I have an appetite now, I am more proactive, I feel calmer (nobody in my life knows or knew I drank daily for 3 and a half years), I am friendlier and more talkative.

The negetives I face are that I am suffering from anxiety, I had never been diagnosed before with a mental condition. Maybe I brought it on from drinking or perhaps drinking brought on an early onset of it. I have yet to be diagnosed but Im smart and know that this level of anxiety at this stage wouldnt be due from purely alcohol. Insomnia is a tough one, Some nights I get 2 hours some nights I get 6 but it all seems to cycle, where one night I dont get much sleep but the next I get a bit more because my body is tired from lack of sleep the night prior. I usually wake up 3-4 times a night as well.

The good news is I have no urge to pick up the bottle, never have. I am taking very good care of myself. I am eating 2-3 servings of vegetables/fruit (I never once bought fresh fruit or vegetables during the 3 and a half years I drank). I completely cut out caffeine and soda, I work out 5-6 times a week, and I have a regular bedtime. I set to sleep at 12 and wake up at 830. Not that I ever get 8 hrs of sleep LOL but thats beside the point.