View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 04:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Cyranoak

And I'm sure you are right...

...that he is a good man. He sounds good to me, and sounds fairly self-aware too, but it's also crystal clear he does not want to be a father.

My mom, sisters, wife, and even my daughter would probably tell you that I'm a good man. They might even say I'm a good father. I can tell you now that I'm willing to accept the possibility I'm a good man, but I can definitively say I've been a terrible father.

Here's what I've given my daughter, and done so exceptionally well: food, shelter, clothing, and protection from her drunk mother. Now here's the rest of the truth-- the list of **** she's going through now because I was so controlling and critical would time this website out, so I won't even try.

She has so little self-confidence, so little self-esteem, and is so self-destructive that it breaks my heart. I was complicit in this. Me and my alcoholic wife. We did it together. And I did it stone cold sober.

When a man says he does not want to have kids, ignore him at your peril. When he does want kids, as I did, pray to God he'll be a good father.

Take care, take what you want, and leave the rest.

Cyranoak

Originally Posted by nolly View Post
I know in my heart you are right. He is a good man though but I think you are right he is just not father material and I have to accept that. He doesnt want to lose me that is why he is afraid to be totally honest with me. I need to accept this and decide what I want.

Thank you.