View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 12:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
StarCat
Today is a New Day

I never cared for the taste of alcohol, so my opinion on drinking it myself hasn't changed. I did try a glass of wine over the weekend with a friend, it was milder than most but still I didn't care for the taste.

I do not mind being around other people drinking in moderation. I went to visit my aunt and uncle, who each had two martinis before dinner and a glass of wine each at dinner - and I would have thought I would freak out but it didn't bother me. I believe they were rather weak martinis, as well, since neither of them looked even remotely "buzzed" or tipsy, so I was not uncomfortable.

I will confess that, even though XABF was a private drinker and rarely had anything in a bar (and when he did, two shots of whiskey was his limit), I am terrified of being in a bar with drinking people. I don't mind going with a non-drinking group if the food is good and we're not seated near the bar (I have done that before, and enjoyed it), but I can't be near drunk people, or partially drunk people, or anything of the sort.