View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 10:54 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
OutofIdeas75

Well, after the initial disheartening reply, the rest of the responses were exactly what I was looking for. For that, I give you my thanks.

I have contacted 8 different "clinics" for detox... A few of them were those weirdo pill doctors that try to put you on a "Whole Body Healing" pill regimen...which is just a scam. However, I have been pointed in the right directions.

It was suggested that I go the way of a 2 week Suboxone (sp?) regimen to avoid the suggested YEAR of taking the stuff and tapering off of it, too. They said replacing my addiction with another addiction defeats the purpose. Also, it's an out-patient situation, without the label of "recovering addict" on my file. This is exactly what I have been looking for. I know my strengths (psychological dependence avoidance) and I know my weaknesses (relapsing as an art). So, getting through the physical toll it puts on the body is the #1 thing for me at this point. Staying away from it will be easier if I'm not experiencing the "near death" part of detox. If I wanted to substitute, there is a plethora of other narcotics I could do... But I don't want that. I want to be squeaky clean for now on. I have other responsibilities in life that need my attention, instead of living on a 3 hour at a time life clock. I'm sick of timing my doses...it's become a religion of sorts...and I want out. Currently, I'm looking at the clock... I dosed at 10am, and it's almost 1pm...time for another 7...ugh....