View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 12:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
OutofIdeas75

I need help...addicted to Lorcets

I am not only sick and tired of this debilitating addiction, but I fear it is affecting my health in a serious way (I'll elaborate later). I haven't asked for help before, so I apologize if I do not come across correctly.
I have registered and read over some of the forum sticky topics, but feel I need some additional advice, and hope I have come to the right place. I apologize in advance for such a lengthy post, but please understand that this is the first time I am asking for help, and want to provide as much information as I can to receive adequate advice and to outline my condition for other people to possibly relate to...so they know they are not suffering alone.

For the last few years, I have built an addiction to Lorcets (Watson 503 - 10-650's aka "green beans"). It started out by visiting the dentist for legit reasons, then I broke a few bones in an accident, obtaining yet more prescriptions. I have never, until recently, faked a doctor visit in order to receive my pain medications. I have only faked a doctor visit once, and to be quite honest, it was very easy to be prescribed 120 Lorcet 10-650's within an hour of visitation to a "pain management" clinic (my "friends" call them "pill mills", as they know exactly what is going on with these prescriptions).

Habit outline:
I started out taking 1 pill every 4 hours, as directed. Then, in order to get the same "high", I had to increase dosage over the last 2 years. This has resulted in my current situation where I am no longer getting a "high", but rather avoiding detoxing.
Currently, I am taking 7 Lorcet 10-650's at a time, every 2.5-3 hours. I have detoxed at least a dozen times (which is pure HELL), yet I always slip into a "celebration" dose a week or so later...which puts me right back into my cycles. I am very self aware as to what I am doing and what risk I am taking.

Ill affects:
Financially, it's ruining me. I buy 99% of my pills illegally. I pay anywhere from $3-5 each. I have a very good career, and make a very decent living. However, all the gain I receive for my skills is negated by the required funds it takes to sustain my habit.

Medically, I have developed sores on my body (mostly on my shoulders and calves) from the itching sensation the drug creates. It's not a lot, but it's enough that I noticed that these "scratch scabs" aren't going away, but getting worse.
My stomach has been through a gauntlet of abuse, and currently I have daily bouts of nausea where I cannot keep food down for very long.
Sleep is only obtained by taking 1-1.5 Xanex "bars" to fall asleep. I do not have an addiction to these other than the fact that I seem to require some type of sleep aid...or I won't sleep AT ALL.

Detox is an experience relative to all the other experiences described on the net. It feels close to death, and I need at least 2 weeks recovery time. During these 2 weeks, I'm lucky to get out of bed to make it to the bathroom...so a vacation from work is required to "get through" the detox period. I cannot describe the depth of suffering I endure when I work up the courage to commit to detoxing. I have found that dosing Xanex bars and Somas to stay asleep works best, as I believe in the saying that the body heals 10x faster while sleeping...and it keeps me in a coma state during the suffering parts of the process. I would rather sleep for 10 days straight than endure a day of the horrible feeling I experience during detox.

I have heard of a drug that is available to help with detox... I don't know what it is, nor how to receive it, but I was told that you take 1 pill a day to counter-act the withdraw symptoms...similar to heroin addicts taking methadone. Is this a real thing?

Tapering...

Does this work? Won't I suffer the ill effects of detox by tapering, too? Won't I just be stretching out the discomfort of withdraws by being in a constant state of "I need more to feel normal"? If not, what is the recommended steps of tapering? 1 less pill per dose? Longer periods in between dosing? What is the target dose per day before going cold turkey?

Home remedies...

Is there anything I can take to stem the affects of withdraw, that I can get OTC?

I want to stop taking these pills...forever. I am done, but I need a way out that won't put me back in to avoid the horrible withdraws. Psychologically, I can handle quitting. It's the physical aspect that I need help with.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you.