View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 05:37 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
chicory

[QUOTE=dbh;

I'm older than him and there's a part of me that feels responsible for his misfortune. I wonder if there was something that I could have done when we were younger. I wonder if our family was more "normal" would he have gotten the help that he obviously needs? I can not change the past.

When I feel helpless and have problems detaching, I turn things over to my HP and I pray. When I pray I try to send positive energy to him. I need to trust that things are working out exactly as they are suppose to. I remind myself that the best thing I can do for my brother is to continue to work on my own recovery.

Sending you strength.

db[/QUOTE]
thanks dbh,

i am sorry for your brothers troubles. is he also refusing to get mental help? or evaluation? I hope things work out for him. i know it hurts you. And how would you know as a young person, what was going on with your brother? how do you know even now, if there is still something that he might do for his self, if things get really tough. perhaps he is leaning on gf like my son is leaning on me. dont blame yourself. these things are so complicated, it seems.

that is good advice tho, about praying and sending good energy to him. I like the saying that things are working exactly as they should be. and that the best thing is to take care of myself. at least that is something that I CAN do.

blessings to you and your children. and thank you.

hugs
chicory