View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 03:53 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
keepinon

just wanted to say that it's ok to feel mad and pissed off about the situation..but when we don't move on to the next level THEN its a problem..An Alanon friend once told me I had finally moved "from the level of the problem (me feeling very victimized and trying to figure out WHY this had happened) to the level of the solution (acceptance, working my program, doing what needed to be done).
Also..on Oprah yesterday there had on a mother of a 10 year old boy who had MASSIVE mental health disorders...he tried to lkill his mother..she said the one thing that SHE changed throughout this whole experience was that she doesn't worry anymore about her son..FOR HIM..she said the negative energy that he would receive when she would feel he would fail, couldn't do it, etc. was detrimental to him.My sponsor had said that to me as well..everytime I thought..she's gonna die, she won't make it..I put that energy out to her.I started making a concious decision to change my thoughts...she can recover..she is strong and can find help when she wants it, etc. I started telling her that when I would see her.I know it wasn't some magical cure, but I do think the messages we send both verbally and energetically have lots of power..how would you feel if no one thought you could do the most basic tasks..get told that or sent that message enough and you come to believe it....