Thread: Fed up
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 11:15 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
SSIL75
New to Real Life

Getting balance is important. And tackling a to-do list. My little girl has been sick and I'm having some physical issues that are making life painful (I'm pregnant. it's pregnancy related). And today I MADE myself open the windows and mop the floor. I feel much better. I'm constantly surprised at how easy it can be to give myself a LITTLE lift (I'm not implying that you can turn around your life by mopping the floor, for example).

But as an alcoholic I have 17 years of practice at sitting on the couch, stewing over a wine glass. It's taking me a while to make ACTION my default reaction.

Gratitude is awesome, too. I remember one dark night a few months back lying in bed trying to think of 10 things to be grateful for. It wound up being like "I am grateful for waking up without a hangover, I am grateful that I was not drinking at noon, I am grateful that I didn't drink at dinner" Basically sometimes the only real high point of the day is sobriety. And that's OK, too. It won't always be like that!