View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 01:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Habit

Hi JMFburns,

Thank you for the welcome. It is nice to meet you also. I am so sorry about your son. His situation sounds so similar to my daughter's situation. She, too, is jobless. She is living with her cousin and family. All of them abuse their medications. My daughter was a heroin addict. She no longer shoots up. But, she uses anything else to get high. Her life has been out of control for years. She has been in and out of rehab for years. When we think it can't get any worse...it does. Right before Christmas, she e-mailed me that she was pregnant with twins. Her XBF is an addict also. And, he physically abused her. As it turned out, she had a miscarriage at 7 1/2 weeks. We allowed her to come home. My husband and I took care of her for two weeks. We made 3 trips to the hospital in the two week period. The last trip was for a so called suicide attempt. She said she had taken a lethal dosage of her antidepressants. My husband drove on the icy roads to get her to the ER. After doing blood work, it was determined that she had not taken the large amount of medicine. Same story...different verse...lies and manipulation.

After the two weeks, we told her that she had to move out. The two week period that she stayed with us was horrible. Everyone was screaming at each other. Once again, our serenity was robbed by insanity.

It was after she moved out that I sent her the NC e-mail.

We have done everything known to man to try to "cure or control" her disease. Of course, all has been futile. That old "stinking thinking" is so hard to shake.

I am so thankful that I have found this site. I know my HP led me here.