View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 02:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Habit

Going on Three Weeks of NC

My AD has been in and out of recovery for 15 years. She is 36 years old. Our story is so similar to all the others I have read on this website. It has been 15 years of living hell. I have concluded that either she will recover or she will die.

Almost three weeks ago, I wrote her a NC e-mail. I wrote..."no more e-mails, no more phone calls, please no more contact". Also, I wrote her that if she sent me e-mails that I would delete them without opening them. I wrote her that I was distancing myself from her for her health as well as my health. And, that I was going to concentrate on my health.

At first, she left messages on my a/m telling me that I am horrible and crazy. However, yesterday she e-mailed me how much she loved me. Yes...I relapsed and opened the e-mail. This afternoon, she sent an e-mail. It is a Dayspring card. It will notify her if I open the card. I desperately want to open the card. But, I haven't. I just moved the e-mail to another folder.

I see the big red flag with the word "manipulation" written all over her actions for the past few days.

I know I have done the right thing. But my heart is bleeding. I love her so!

Thank you for allowing me to share with you.