View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 06:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ladybug0130

Trying to detach, AH hates it!

It's so funny, now that I am really trying to detach, I find my husband can't stand it! He is currently "recovering", I suppose. I told him that he really needs to figure this all out for himself now and I can help him with something if he asks but he needs to manage his own schedule. In the past, I have reminded him to eat, shower, sleep, etc. It has been totally co-dependent and ridiculous and hasn't helped one bit.

When I told him he needs to be responsible for himself since he is a 40-year old educated man, he seemed happy about that and was like "of course!" but this AM I have noticed he keeps coming over to where I am, sighing loudly, putting his head down on the table, etc. He wants me to ask him what's wrong so he can start complaining like he does all day, every day. He can't handle me not obsessing on his problems along with him. I give it about two hours until he completely freaks out. At that point I think I will remind him his sponsor is a better person to talk to about all this than I am.