Old 02-14-2011, 10:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
laurie6781
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

I don't quite understand how it was 'an attack on you.' When he heard more of their music, he changed 'his' mind and decided he didn't like them after all.

Maybe, just maybe it's time to work on you. When you are focused on you, then his actions and words will not upset you so much.

Being 'therapy-ish' here also. Maybe, you have felt for so long that everything he does is an attack on you that you haven't learned how to 'step away' and look at it through a 3rd pair of eyes. Obviously this is the way he is. You know you cannot change him, so ................................... the only one left for you to change is yourself.

Having read your previous posts and threads, I do understand how hard your situations is for you. But, there are things you can do to 'tune him out', react differently than the way you have been reacting, etc. One thing I have found for me is that when I change my ACTIONS AND REACTIONS to others, others change their ACTIONS AND REACTIONS to me. Why? Because when I change how I act and react, they can no longer 'push my buttons' and it startles them and makes them step back and think.

Maybe it is time to read Co Dependent No More again and use a different color highlighter and then go back and see what 'popped out' at you and write about that. This can be a good start towards changing your actions and reactions to him.

Please know that the above is not a criticism, it is written with love and concern, and is just some of what I had to do for me to change what was going on around me.

Love and hugs,