Thread: Valentine's Day
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 09:02 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
StarCat
Today is a New Day

XABF always got me flowers on Valentine's Day, and we always did something "special".
We would have gone to dinner last night, if we were still together.

The thing is, I didn't want the overinflated flowers, and I didn't want the expensive dinners, I just wanted to do something nice and quiet for just the two of us, something that didn't cost an arm and a leg and wouldn't "require" me to send him half my next paycheck to help offset the costs.

I am looking forward to a nice quiet day tomorrow.

I thought about getting myself some flowers for tomorrow, but right now I have so many houseplants (I feel so bad, but I'm waiting for them to die so I can throw them out )

So, I think my plan this year is to buy a lot of chocolates for myself on Tuesday.
The day after Valentine's Day is the holiday, as far as I'm concerned - National Half Price Chocolate Day! Now that is something I can sink my teeth into.

Thank you for this thread goldengirl. You have also reminded me to call my parents and wish them a Happy Anniversary. (They got married the day before V-Day. My father always jokes that if he were smart, he would have waited two days, and saved a bundle.)