View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 10:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
oakleaf82

Overcame Temptation Tonight

And so glad I did. I had no real plans for the night, but when my husband came home, he had already made plans to hang out with a few friends. He invited them over, and then the plan was to all go out to the bar where one of the guys girlfriends works. Great. I didn't really want to go, but I also didn't want to sit at home alone. Anyway. They guys came over and the drinks were flowing... I had pretty much surrendered to the fact that I would drink tonight. But I just kept shutting down that voice in my head telling me it was ok to drink. I still hung out and just drank water, which is usually what I drink in my own house.They all drank for about three hours before finally getting ready to hit the bar. At which time it was quite easy for me state I was tired and going to stay home--after driving them to the bar so none of them drove

I'm SOOO so glad I did not drink. I just kept thinking how much I would regret it tomorrow. I'm disappointed that my husband is drinking, but he's not driving and and seemed to be having a good time with his friends.

It's after midnight, so that means I've made to day 7. I have no worries about the week; Friday and Saturday are the hardest days.