Old 02-12-2011, 08:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
TakingCharge999
A jug fills drop by drop

From Addiction, Lies and Relationships

One of the most damaging interpersonal scenarios occurs when the addict, usually as the consequence of some unforeseen crisis directly stemming from his addiction, promises with all of the sincerity at his command to stop his addictive behavior and never under any circumstances to resume it again.

"I promise," the addict pleads, sometimes with tears in his eyes. "I know I have been wrong, and this time I have learned my lesson. You'll never have to worry about me again. It will never happen again!"

But it does happen again and again, and again, and again. Each time the promises, each time their breaking. Those who first responded to his sincere sounding promises of reform with relief, hope and at times even joy soon become disillusioned and bitter.

################################################## #################################

I recall how XABF cried and cried and cried and cried saying "never again".... forget Natalie Portman, he could have won the Oscar with his acting. I am so grateful I am just reading about this - no longer spending my Saturday night living it.