View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 07:23 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Buffalo66

HI. Wow. What a thread.
I do feel that you are kindhearted, and even if she owns her btch of a monster on her back, and even if she knows what is up, it is not your work to bail her out of her messes.

I do not feel that it is any friends responsibility, at the level of friendship described here, to explain why you are walking away. She is an adult, she knows why. You said so already.

Having said that, you said you would and I see no problem with you giving her some numbers, telling her you dont want the drama, and you are bowing out.

this is detached love, and it is caring. But then stop.

Kilt, it seems like you may be a recovering or active addict. I dont know that to be sure, but it seems that way. I wonder if you are someone who has been "bailed" on, or thats how you saw it. Or maybe you have a loved one that you keep "bailing out"...Either way, clearly this is an unhealed dynamic for you, or you would not have so much to say about it.

We have all learned, to varying degrees, what it means to preserve our own sanity, its why we are here on SR.

I think you could stand to look at why the responses here, from Sailor John, and L2L, and others jab you so much. You may find yourself actually having some boundary issues.

thanks for the thread.