View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 10:05 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
ste
unlearning

Originally Posted by gravity View Post
I read that praying is about looking for an answer and that meditating is about hearing the answer.

I believe that within us we have the answers - inner wisdom based on our life experiences and teachings. Call it what you want - gut feeling, the God within - it's there.

Guided meditation is helpful but I find clearing my mind (not always easy) and waiting for an answer to what is disturbing me works. I don't always like the answer but it's usually the right thing to do (or not to do). It's kinda like trying to remember the name of a movie or something and it comes to you if you don't think about it for a while.

I did initially get frustrated trying to follow formal meditation processes - just didn't work for me. I like simple!
Thank you Gravity, I differ with one of your opinions in a semantic way, nothing consequential, and agree with you wholeheartedly on the rest.

I believe we are born with that "inner wisdom" our conscience; our subsequent experiences and teachings corrupt that, but yes, we have/had it within. God be with us.

Guided meditation processes, like audio thats offered, just puts me to sleep.

I understand there is a difference between meditation and relaxation, and its a stumbling point for me.
Thanks.