View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 08:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Tuffgirl

Welcome to Sr, first of all. And sorry for your hurt and confusion. I can imagine how it must feel to get the alcoholic run-around from this guy. He took you for a ride, eh? What first came to mind was the phrase, "Be careful fishing off the home pier" because now there's little distance between you and this situation. One can also swap 'home' with 'company' and have the same affect. puts us too close for comfort when things don't turn out right. Might consider a new place to live?

But secondly, I was envious that you are so educated to see the red flags waving and did the right thing - ended this relationship. Your folks did you a huge favor!

It just hurts because you got your hopes up and bought into the fantasy of what he was saying for a while. But if this guy is truly an alcoholic, it is a fantasy. Your reality, if you continue with him, will look like mine, and many many others who post on this forum.

You sound like a goal-oriented and grounded woman. Don't lose sight of that. And let the rest go.