Old 02-09-2011, 02:06 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
NEOMARXIST

I think the answer is that if smoking weed during the day and drinking at home was so good then why did you bother to get sober in the first place?

I know for me that I'm an alcoholic and an addict so smoking herb and drinking would just turn into a massive bender; work, University and life would go straight out of the window and so would my mental health too. It would quite literally cost me everything plus I would just end up doing loads of coke, E's, speed, acid and anything else I could get too, as like I say I'm an addict as well as an alkie. I would crash and burn incredibly quickly and it would be crying into a can of Tennants super time at 7.00am.

What's great about my sobriety and recovery is that it gives me hope and that I can, and I am, changing my life for the better. If I was to take a drink then I would erase all hope from my life and be signing up for an extended bout of misery with the only escape a blackout drunk.

I can relate to feeling p*ssed-off in recovery and I know that lack of gratitude often goes hand in hand. It isn't always easy but it is always worth it.

If I wasn't an alcoholic and addict then sure I could have some beers and some herb but I am, and besides why would I want them anyway? I couldn't think of any good reason to wish to escape myself, but like i say it ain't always like that naturally, that's when it's time to reach out and step up your recovery in some way to get back to the peace and contentment.

All The Best, Thanks for sharing, Peace.