View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 06:38 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
UniqueNewYork

Hi whatevername. I have been in a new job less than 2 weeks. I am finding it is a different thing all together sober. I remember almost everything told to me. I am a fast starter in the mornings. I don't dread coming into work. Thats the good news.

I guess the bad news (if you could call it that) is that I've also noticed that no matter where I work expectations tend to be unrealistic. I can't do my job in 8 hours. Its just not possible. So already I am working through lunches and taking work home with me. I'm ok with that though. I want success. I want success more than almost anything in this world right now. My dad is very successful by anyone's standards, and I am blessed to have been told that he loves me no matter what I do (or don't do). I want to follow in his footsteps though and I can't do that drunk, or even sober and doing a half-a job at work. I've got to believe in myself.

I asked my Dad why he never ever talks about the negative side of work. The stuff I see - some people at work want you to fail for one. He said that he always looked at himself like Rocky. When he got knocked down, he would get back up and get in the ring again.