Old 02-07-2011, 06:03 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
wicked

HOWEVER -- I've found this fear reaction in myself whenever I see one of his cute students comment on something on facebook... and it's not about him. It's about me. And I know that. I can feel my heart lacing up its spiked sprinter shoes and try to take off and run the other way, and then I tackle it (my heart) and we have this wrestling match where I say, "HEY! WHERE do you think YOU'RE going???" and my heart says "I'm only going to get hurt again and there are so many women in the world who are prettier and smarter and funnier and richer and nicer and better at everything than you are, so I'm going to run like hell right now because I can't take being broken again, OK?"
Yes, lillamy, I am trying to remember this right now. Because he hasnt called tonight.
dammit, it will be alright.
more soothing to my heart.
i must remember it has been good so far, and he told me he would not be able to call every night.
it will be fine. i will be fine.

If I'm ever single again, I'm just going to be upfront with my craziness for whatever poor gal decides she likes me.
Well, change the pronouns to guy and this is what I have done.
And so far he has been more than okay with it.
He laughed and said he used to have to earn his knowledge the old fashioned way,
the school of hard knocks.

Beth