Thread: Time flies
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 09:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
blessed4x

Time flies

I can't believe it's been another year since I've been back to post. My RAH has 22 months sobriety and it is like being married to a different man! Some of his quirks that used to drive me crazy are still there.....he still loads the dishwasher his way when I know my way is better , he's a morning person and I'm a night owl. Overall though, life is amazing. The alcohol that consumed our lives (him drinking it and me obscessing about him drinking it) is no longer in our home. We have regular date nights, and text each other throughout the day to stay in touch and make each other smile.

So, I am living proof that it CAN happen. For today (and that is all any of us have) it is good. If tomorrow that changes, then it is up to me keep my sanity. I will NEVER go back to the life we lived in our previous marriage, and he knows that. He also knows I mean business, lol. I would not put our children through another break up and make up.

For those of you new here, or even not so new but we haven't "met", this place saved my life. I honestly believe I would still be in the same crazy cycle and still doing the same crazy stuff. I didn't always like what I heard here, but boy there are some smart cookies! I think of you all fondly and pray that each of you find your own peace. We are members of a club we never really wanted to join, but I believe we are all stronger and better people for it. Blessings!!!