View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 04:12 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

(((Kiki))) - I do understand your feelings. When my "baby" stepsister (she was 18) fell asleep while driving, crossed 2 lanes, went through the median, hit another car and her best friend was the only survivor, it was a LONG time before I didn't get in my car and worry that someone was going to fall asleep and hit me head on.

I read about drunk/high drivers..had one make a u-turn in traffic, right in front of the restaurant I work a a few weeks ago. I know someone who is an A in practically every occupation there is. There was just recently a GA cop arrested for DUI. I can worry about it, or turn it over to HP.

My mom, who was 21 when she was told she had a "fatal heart condition" (they found out when I was born) taught me to live every day as it was my last....for 29 years. I am grateful to her, for that, though I didn't truly appreciate it until I became an A then got into recovery.

BTW, I've been hospitalized, a couple of times, since I've been in recovery, and the thought of "what if they're HIGH?!?!" never even crossed my mind. My "other mother" always tells me "God (HP) has you in the palm of His hand" and I believe it.

I'm sorry if I caused you to worry.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy