View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 11:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
sprman24

Oh thank u so much for those replays. And thanks for the compliment on my English.
Well he is in the Canadian Army. Say said, they can send him to rehab if he wants to, but it would take a month to get a place for him in a treatment center.
One of u guys, said, do not talk to him, don't let him live with u etc.
Hmmmm,...how should i not talk to him. He is my Boyfriend and not live with me, ya well thats the hard part. It means leave him, break up with him. But what would that benefit. I just don't understand, why everybody thinks the best is to leave him. Ya it is hard on me, when he comes home drunk, but we have good times when he is sober. Everybody already kinda left him. His family just talks to him when he is sober, but mostly they don't talk to him at all.
His friends, are all in the Army and all of them are drinking. not saying they all have a problem with drinking. I think and that even says his family, that I am the only one in his life right now. Everything else is already broken, he is seperated from his Ex-wife, his Kids, don't know him really. He has no chance to see him, because they life so far away and if he could take a fly back home for a few days, he spends the money on both.

I think he really wants to quit, he knows he has a problem, but on the other hand, he can drown all his fears and all his problems into both.
Then he says stuff, like to kill himself etc. So I am scared, that he does, when i leave him. If he would have many friends, they are there for him, ya it would be easy to leave him, no not really. But it would give me a better feeling. When i would leave, i don't know what he is doing then. I feel sorry and bad for his situation and i want so bad to help him, even when I know i can't. I was always a little fighter and i have a hard time to give up and then telling my friends, there where right in the first place, because thats all what they say/ Leave him/ Leave him, leave him. Is there nothing else what i can do?????
I read alot of threads here and i miss storyes, were a relationship lasted, the alcoholic got sober, and they are happy now. argggghhhhh. Its so complicated.

I just could cry! Giving up on somebody, i love and leaving him alone in his illness, would break my heart.