View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 08:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Learn2Live
To thine own self be true.

Thanks for the share Jamaicamecrazy. It really has me thinking this morning.

It takes me a good year to figure out whether or not I want to continue in a relationship with someone. But the way I allow myself to think and act for that year usually gets me so stuck that I can't friggin' let go. I hold onto some hope that the person is actually going to become what I want them to be as a life partner. Despite the fact that I've seen all the evidence I need and done already made up my mind that I don't want to be with this person!

Knowing very well, and remaining steadfast in, what I want and need for my life is helpful. I do a decent job now of standing up for myself and stating my needs and desires. I can remain pretty objective about it all now (Detachment).

There is so much more to life than holding out for the possibility that someone else is going to be something other than what I already know I don't want in my life. Moving forward in life can be so difficult. A lot of times you hear about people who can't move forward until they find someone else. I've done that myself too.