View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 08:39 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Hailee

Thank you so much for that insight. We are both Christians, I take all 3 of my babies to Sunday School every week after I work 7p-7a on Sat night. God is good and I am not by any stretch of the imagination trying to play the martyr role. No benefit to it. It's silly.

My AH Had a drug and alcohol history from 20 years ago. (We are early 40's) First wife left him with their 2 year old son, and since he had been in rehab and had dui's x2 he only got Supervised Visitation, overseen by none other than Mom and Dad.

This was all kept secret from me and I didn't find out that he had a drinking problem until about 3 years in when I found empty rum bottles all over my house. Nice, huh?

HIS CHARACTER AND BEHAVIOR HAVE JUST GONE DOWN HILL FROM THAT POINT. MOST TIME i HAVE SEEN SOBER AT ONCE IS 5 MONTHS. I have been through so much as you all know with my AH, Have tried to hang in there and be supportive, but I feel that if I did give him another chance Odds are he would blow it--You know the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior......Claims to have a sponsor and be working the Steps--On Step 3 I believe he said. That must not be the one where he learns to make amends (LOL) bc he still mad at me for some reason! Makes me sad--makes my little girls sad, and the baby doesn't even realize what is going on yet.

We are all okay--I have so much to be thankful for--and I am thankful for all of tese nice people with so much experience at SR. Thanks you guys