Old 02-03-2011, 01:55 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
jamdls

MM thanks for sharing-- blackouts can be a huge wake-up call. My last day of drinking I don't even remember taking the first drink, I remember being in my car around 4pm and thinking "I should stop and get a bottle of wine" (because I knew I had only 1/2 to 3/4 a bottle at home) the next thing I remember I walked in to a restaurant and they said "we close in 15 minutes" (I later learned they closed at 11pm). I apparently drove myself home from there and then OD'd on prescription sleeping and pain pills and I don't remember any of it. I didn't come to for about 36 hours, I should of could of died, I spent a week in the hospital due to the drugs burning a hole in my liver. I must of blacked out on the first drink that day, it was enough for me, I've not touched a drop of alcohol in the 3.5 yrs since and I still fear the same thing could happen again. As far as I know I could have robbed a bank that night or killed someone, I have absolutely no memory of anything that occured over a 5-8 hour period and as far as I know I was alone so I have no known witnesses, and that's scary. If this could happen to you once it could happen again and it's good to remember what you don't remember.