View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 04:59 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
MarlinVX

Originally Posted by coyote21 View Post
BTW, if your sense of humor is still intact after all this, I'm not going to worry about you. Tons of healing in laughter, it's part of our self-care routine to rent "funny" movies every weekend, if nothing else is happening.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote
Well, the Navy is a unique environment. You have to think, imagine leaving your family for months at a time, living on a steel platform, that bobs around in the ocean. Mail comes once a week at best. You live with (on a carrier anyway) 4000 sweaty stinky guys and several hundred stinky girls.

It takes an amazing sense of humor, and ability to detach oneself from what happens around you. That is the whole problem with the recent CO getting in trouble for the videos. Those vids were 'G' rated compared to the normal daily conversations on a deployment. Nothing is sacred. Nothing is offensive after about...oh, say,.....the third day into the underway. We are a very strange group to say the least. It isn't for everyone, and I wouldn't trade it for the world, but I will give it up for my little ones. It is not a single parent friendly form of employment.