View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 03:05 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
JenT1968

hey there,
you've got a lot on your plate right now, both practically and a lot of emotions running around. I understand your anger, and perhaps some of it rightly sits at the door of the doctors who "treated" her. But it seems like trying to fight that fight right now might not really be a priority? It could be something that you come back to at a later date. Taking on the whole of big pharma and the whole medical profession is not a "today before breakfast I will" sort of thing.

Its also an appealing concept, that the drugs flipped a switch in her head, because then you can be angry at "them", not her, who you love and that's easier to reconcile emotionally. Plus if you can just get the pills out of her system then she'll be back to her real self, which is again a much better scenario than her making repeated choices to carry on getting high no matter what devastation that caused.

I hope you're right, and time will tell whether you are or not so debating it is fairly pointless. In the meantime you have to think about yourself (number one) then your kids (number two, because if you collapse who cares for them then?): safeguarding the physical and emotional stability of yourself and those who are truely dependent on you (the children).

Your wife is in an expert facility surrounded by proffessionals who deal with those in her position day in day out. This is what she needs. This is not your problem to fix, it is hers with their help, if she wants to. You cannot engineer a solution to her problems, frankly you don't have the skills and emotional distance.

Given the relapse rate for people who are battling addictions, you may want to consider giving her time to prove that she wants to do this and has learned the skills to do it before bringing her back into your home.

I understand you seem to prefer straight talking? so another thing to ponder: you stated earlier that if she chooses to cheat on you (whilst under the influence) then the marriage is over. But if she chooses to drink drive your kids or get so F'd up she passes out with them in her care it isn't? your decisions are yours to make, but I wonder why you would think she is culpable in the first instance but not the second.

it's a crappy situation, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy, (())