Old 01-31-2011, 07:39 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
jrlcpl

Thanks for sharing your story. I know it helped me a great deal just reading other people's stories and knowing I am not the only one going through this. It is scary how you could take many stories and just substitute the names. Mine is very similar to yours. I dated my STBXAW for 3 years before we married. Sure, we partied like anyone in their late twenties would, but I never would have imagined I would have ended up in the situation I am in. The scary thing about alcholism is it is very progressive. Every year my STBXAW drank more and more. Before she entered treatment a month ago she was guzzling straight vodka a pint at a time (sometimes more). Vodka seems to be a popular choice. There are underlying mental issues with her as well, but as long as there is alcohol involved, they cannot truly be identified and treated.

All I can say is protect yourself and child. I have a DD and DS that are my world. The promise I made to myself is no matter what happens they will be able to depend on me for their entire life, period. Thanks for sharing and I hope you find some peace.