View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 06:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Aysha
Looking For Myself...Sober

Finally made the RIGHT turn

It seems everytime I have had the choice of going to get high or go where I am suppose to that the turn has always been go right to what I am suppose to do or go left or strait to hell. Every time. as long as I can remember.

Friday I had to go for a band fill in the city I get high in. By myself I went. Coming out it was right to go home or left to go to the block. I thought about going left to see what was going on. That old ..Look at me, I'm back, Whats good? And the answer is ALWAYS nothing good.

I thought about what was waiting for me to the right. Home, My family, the kids waiting to make homemade chocolate chip cookies, freedom and hope.

It didnt take a second thought to go right.

And we made the best cookies ever.

Later that night. Pushed myself to a meeting.
Again..Go right to the meeting or strait to the city.

I made that right with no hesitation.

I have made many attempts to go to that meeting in the past and never even turned the signal on to go right.

It was a huge step for me. A decision that wasnt too hard really. But it did take for me to make myself aware of all angles and consequences and outcomes. I finally stopped long enough to weigh my options. Not rationalizing anything. Just weighing my options and the outcome.

I learned that from alot of you guys here at SR.
If I can catch on. Anybody can.

I know some may think I am cold from reading my one thread. Maybe think I am headed back to using. I thought I was too.
I am not cold, just working on my defects just like anyone else.

I'm am very proud of myself for making the RIGHT decision.
I know it is just the first of many more. With the help of my real friends and family. I cant go wrong.