View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 06:24 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Kmber2010

Welcome to SR and glad you are with us.

I found SR to be invaluable in my recovery so in those early days/weeks I was on here quite often. Now it is part of my life and I enjoy being here as so many folks were here to help me when I first started. Tossing out the bottle and moving forward no matter how difficult or impossible it seemed was what I did. I refused to give in and go back to that life and I can happily say now that I am blessed everyday I quit drinking and got help.

While I find each person's journey to be different.....the early days were a bit rough with the anxiety (I developed anxiety/panic attacks after years of drinking) and the insomnia so I tried to do something positive each day for myself - from taking a refreshing shower to taking a walk. Whatever it was.....it was about changing routine and keeping busy so I wasn't just sitting in dwelling on drinking. The physical piece passed for me and of course checking in with the Dr. for a work-up is a good thing.....it was my thinking and lifestyle that had to change.

Along with SR....I sought face to face support as well. Having real life support and assistance in making change and transitioning to a sober life for me was tremendous.

Just stay positive and reach out. Looking forward to the journey. We are here to support!

Last edited by Kmber2010; 01-30-2011 at 06:28 AM. Reason: typos.....eeek