Old 01-29-2011, 04:03 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
historyteach
To Life!

Winter in Touisset, RI

Another storm coming Wednesday.
Another *big* storm.
*sigh*

Went to the pain management clinic yesterday.
A clinician/therapist; two nurses; one doctor and 2 1/2 hours later,
I came away with a plan, two prescriptions, (non-narcotics both),
and some HOPE for the first time in ten years!

Was in such bad pain for over a week, due to the low pressure systems we've been having. It's like I had not been doing *anything* for my back at all! All the aqua PT, the chiropractic visits; the acupuncture visits and corresponding visits were for nothing because of the low pressure systems! And that was confirmed by doctors and the PT. :>( So, I called my doc's office, crying in pain, and asked for a referral. And I got *super* lucky, because, they called me the next day with an appointment! (Normally a month to two month wait to get in!) :>))

One script is a patch; lidoderm. the other is a muscle relaxer. Next week, I go in for a shot of something in that muscle I hurt ten years ago, that has created such havoc. Pain goes down my back, down my arm, leg, numbness in foot and hand, up my neck; headaches that kill, and double and blurry vision - all on the right side. All because some tubbers wouldn't give when I was trying to dig them out! Can you believe it?

And, if that doesn't work, he's going to give me a shot of something in my spine.

So, we've got a plan, anyway. And, today is the first day that I've taken the muscle relaxer and the patch. And, the pain is much less severe. It's still there, but, it's more tolerable. And, I'm not eating tylenol or Ibprophen like it's candy anymore. And that's a good thing! My liver is thanking me for that already!

Ok, whines and gratcies are over.
Whine on, fellow whiners!

Shalom!