Old 01-29-2011, 10:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
jme2788

Originally Posted by JoeCree View Post
I'd say I have a mild depression/anxiety issue, where I have been on and off of meds for the better part of 10 years. Currently not taking anything (meds, nicotine, alcohol) for the first time in as long as I can remember. It has been very difficult lately, yes I am happy about not being "on" anything, but the bouts of depression seem to be seeping in more than not. I'm almost at 3 months now --- and wondering if I should go back on anti-depressants? My issue the last time with this was that coming off of them was like = YouTube - Baby scene from Trainspotting
That's a personal issue.. how long have u been off of the meds?? I weened myself off slowly from 10 mgs and it was a horrible experience. I felt very depressed and questioned many times whether I should get back on them again. I also felt like I wanted to get high because of it but thankfully I didn't. Its a hard call. On one hand if you can fight through it and conquer it without meds that's great. On the other hand, many people have committed suicide or relapsed because they "quit taking their medicine". :/