View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 10:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Learn2Live
To thine own self be true.

I know exactly how you feel and have been through it myself several times. They blame, point their fingers, tell everyone else how crazy you are, etc, all as a ruse to get others to look at YOU and ignore what HE is doing. The person closest to the alcoholic/addict becomes the primary scapegoat. It is not a good position to be in. It's a sick way to think and behave and anyone involved with him will feel that sickness. And to make it worse, they even get US to believe we are the one's at fault for everything that happens. Our self-esteem and self-image PLUMMET.

They HAVE to be this way, passionfruit, it's what keeps the addiction alive and thriving. It's the way they THINK and it is very ingrained in them. It takes a lot of desire to change, sobriety, self-awareness, courage, hard work, years of AA and/or therapy to change that way of thinking. And even then there is no guarantee. And sending that video is just playing into his game. Step off the rollercoaster hon.

You're right, sending it will serve no purpose but to make you look bad. When we are involved with people like this, we really need to feel validated. So many of us come on here and talk about how INSANE we feel and how talking and reading here validates us. Instead of sending the video, I suggest going to AlAnon and continuing to read and post here. Soon you will begin to feel better. The further away you get from him, the less contact you have with him, the less angry you will feel. Bolster those feelings with sharing with those of us who understand and have been there too.

(((hugs)))