Old 01-29-2011, 08:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
jme2788

Originally Posted by bochuck View Post
I have been depressed lately (not severe) so yesterday I thought well I will order takeout from a restaurant and while waiting have a nice glass of kendall jackson chard. Don't know why i am depressed. Maybe just haven't seen the sun FOREVER. I lived in florida for 21 yrs and now moved to ky for work. Anyway I did not drink. So glad I didn't!!!!!! I was too much in a crappy mood to get myself out of it. I know how I usually get on the treadmill. I made it through now today I see the sun so maybe I won't be too bad. I am off work for 8 days. Husband is still drinking which doesn't bother me too much because I hate the taste of beer. He was nice to me because I told him how depressed I felt and that I feel like buying wine. Anyway bla bla bla still 61 days sober today. Most days are easy to not drink but some days like yesterday I could care less if I drank. But this morning I AM SO F...ING GLAD I DIDN'T!!!
Congratulations! Those "depressed" times are always the times I would relapse before I started working the 12 steps, got a sponsor, and a support system. It's easy not to drink when you're happy (in my case anyways). I was put on anti depressants when I first sobered up but decided to get off of them. I truly believe that the "depressed" times we get result from our body and brain still adjusting/coping to life without alcohol and drugs. The more times we get through those terrible times, the stronger we will be to take it on again in the (hopefully not near) future! just my two cents.