Thread: Sad
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 12:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
doggonecarl
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by goldengirl3 View Post
I'm really happy that I decided to get sober. My life has been gradually getting better. I traded in my car recently and bought a brand new townhouse this week! I'm getting in shape and looking better and focusing on putting my money to savings, my home and better things. My emotions are so much better. Even when I'm "sad" I wouldn't call it sad the way it had been when I was drinking.
Congrats on the sober time. You should be proud of your accomplishments. Sounds like you are reaping the rewards of the decisions you've made. Focus on that; focus on yourself. Not him!

Originally Posted by goldengirl3 View Post
But I have to admit, it's hard not to be sad that someone chose alcohol and party friends over me. It's hard not to be mad when someone comes to when they need/want something but not as any genuine friendship.
It's understandable to be disappointed in someone. But if he is making you sad, if it's impeding your recovery, something is wrong. I don't know what detaching is, exactly, except I've seen the term on the F&F forums. But if he's dragging you down, you are still "attached" somehow.

Best of luck, GG3, and continued progress.